Monday 26 March 2012

The Result


Mar Ma, Daddy, Mummy and Allegra were in our room when Doctor Marty (our Oncologist) walked in and said "we have the results from the Trephine".
I didn't look at him, I looked to the roof, breathed in and heard the words "at this stage Allegra is in remission, she does not require a bone marrow transplant".   We will go ahead and do the next 2 courses of chemotherapy.  This is the best result it could possibly be,  Allegra's marrow looks good.
I grabbed Dr Marty and hugged him, forgetting that he has a bad back and requires surgery.  Oops.  My little Allegra is just so clever and amazing and I am so proud of her.  My goodness I can't believe we have finally received some good news.
Thank you for all your wishes, good thoughts and prayers.  
Allegra and I thank each and every one of you.
I need bubbles!!! Aah those words... "Allegra is in remission" It is lovely to hear the words and not just dream them. We heard the words!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jac I can't tell you how happy we are to hear that. I have been thinking about you guys all day and just waiting to hear. WHat a clever, strong, brave resilient little girl she is!!! I hope you get your bubbles, and enjoy some r & r in your own home together soon! Can't believe how much you guys have been through but so nice to hear of this big win. Lots and lots and lots of love from the four of us. xoxoxoxo (Jo, J, Oscar and Indie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to hear those words out loud!!! We dreamt of it and it's happened. Love you!!! Love Indu Troy and bobo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best news! Keeping you all in my thoughts.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG your voice on the phone when you called me was amazing you were laughing, crying, smiling!! I heard happiness in your voice for the first time in 6 months it made me cry my eyes out. You and Allegra are AMAZING AMAZING STRONG BRAVE AMAZING, I can't wait to hug and kiss you both. We love you. xxxxxxxxxx Nic, Stott, BB, Harry and Sha Shaxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray, hooray, 100,000 hoorays! Nice work you strong, spirited girls. Kathryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fantastic news Jacqui, I couldn't be happier for all of you & especially for Allegra and especially for you. Some bubbles is a well deserved treat...for a huge win...lots of love, hugs and kisses, Lil and crew oxoxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete